Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Date with Clouie



Last week I received a txt message from Lara informing me that our friend Clouie is already here in the Philippines. He is now residing and working in Belgium. It's been three years since we last saw him. He went there to attend the World Youth Day and never came back. Lucky for him he was able to find work so his stay there became legal.

We scheduled our date last Sunday. We were supposed to meet at 11 am because one of our friend will be having their Christmas party that day but Clouie came almost 12 noon. We had lunch at Huey Ying (I love their sizzling sisig!). After which we had a few picture taking and then brought Rizza to the terminal. I don't know what's gotten into Clouie, he wanted to skate. I never had the chance to skate but I wanted to try, so I said yes. When we got to the ice skating rink, I was a bit nervous. Falling down on your butt in front of a lot of people would be humiliating. I envy those kids who knew how to skate. With a few practice, someday I might be able to skate like a hockey player or a figure skater (just dreaming...*LOL*). I must mention that it was freezing in there. I did not bring any jacket so it was a good thing that we only pay for an hour of skating.

After skating we had coffee. It didn't do any good with the cold feeling that I had because I ordered a frapuccino. Clouie got the planner from starbucks. Seriously, it was the ugliest planner starbucks has yet to release. It's not worth paying and drinking so much coffee. There was a time when I heard one of the barista say that they have a great planner this year. I guess most of the strabucks' afficionados got disappointed. Anyways, we wanted our date to be memorable for Clouie so we each wrote a note for him on the starbucks' tissue paper and we also had our group picture developed.

He will be leaving on saturday but before that we planned another get together. A movie date. We will be watching Desperadas 2. We were joking around, he will be like ogie in the movie and us will be Ruffa, Ruffa Mae, Marian and Iza...The Desperadas... I really hope I could join them. It's my grandmother's birthday and as of now we don't know what the family is planning.

So here are some of our pictures from our date. I haven't transferred the photo from the skating rink. I'll just post it another time...






No comments: