Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Come and go

It was the last day of a very close co-employee of mine last Friday. It wasn't really a sad departure 'coz we know that he's going somewhere better. Somewhere where he is more valued.

A very smart and opinionated person. Most of us turn to him whenever we encounter some difficulties at work. I personally, go to him whenever my internet connection is down or when there are things that I don't understand, or inquiries I couldn't answer. He is even my personal confidant. I'm sure gonna miss him as I know most of our analysts will be coming to me for answers as I am now one of the oldest in the department.

He is a good friend and I'm sure everybody feels happy for him and will surely be missed.

Change in personnel is not a new thing at this company I'm working at. I, myself, do have plans of leaving too. Maybe before the year ends. I feel like there is no growth in my career there, not to mention under compensated. The salary I'm receiving only goes to my transportation expenses. It's like I'm working so I could have money for transport. The company shouldn't blame people who are leaving. They are looking for better opportunities so that they could provide better for their families.

Since I started working at this company, there were already 14 people who resigned on our department alone. Well I guess that's how it is at work. People come and go. I just hope I'll be the next one to go....

No comments: