Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Crowning Glory

They say hair is a woman's crowning glory. Well its true. Have you ever noticed that your appearance changes after you went to a salon? After that expensive haircut and hair treatment? You gain confidence and feel extra beautiful. Well, I certainly do. But only for a while. After the first bath, my hair would go back to its original form. Wavy and curly. This state makes it so difficult for me to style my hair. I would always tie it to a ponytail but even that don't work anymore. It made me envious at people who has that long, silky, straight hair. So when I started working, I always had my hair straightened. It was amazing at first but then my hair became weak and brittle. The color also changed from black to brown. Probably from all those chemicals. Then rebonding became the "IN" thing, so I tried it. It was a disaster! After spending 6 hours in the salon and not wetting my hair for 3 days, the result was disappointing. My hair became very dry and damaged. I vowed never to have my hair rebonded again.

Currently, my hair is back on its curly, wavy state. There are days when I love it, but mostly I don't. I have to condition it every now and then to make it manageable. I'm thinking of having it straightened again. :)


No comments: