Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

SPC Seminar

Last Nov. 15 and 16 I attended a seminar regarding SPC (statistical process control). This seminar is for our company's plan to have technical standard certification. It seems that the use of SPC is required for such certification. So me not being good at math needed to review a little about basic statistics.

As I was about to leave for the seminar my stomach felt funny. I'm not sure if it was excitement or nervousness that caused that feeling but it was intense. So intense that I had to vomit. I still had to look for the location of the seminar so I left early. Luckily,the commute from our house to ortigas was smooth and the building was not that hard to locate so I arrived there early. I was offered coffee but refused to take it because my stomach condition was not normal. There were only 3 participants and the speaker was late because it was raining hard that day so the three of us had time to get to know each other. Both of them work for electronics company. The seminar started slow but became more interesting as we went further. Eventhough that time I already have a fever and checking the time every now and then I still was interested because there's so much to learn and I enjoyed it. We extended a little so I came home a little longer than I expected. During the trip home I started to feel that intense feeling in my stomach so I decided to take the quickest route home. As I entered our house I went straight to the lavatory and you know what happened next *lol*. Since I still have a day to go I drank meds to relieve the fever. The next day my fever was gone but I have LBM naman. huhuhu... I had to go to the bathroom thrice. I drank diatabs, it went away (buti na lang). I felt much better during the second day of the seminar. In fairness, sir Joe (our speaker) was early. We had a little picture taking before we left (as remembrance). The three of us (jhen and ocel) promised to stay in touch through e-mail and friendster.

All in all eventhough I was not feeling well I have to say the seminar was really enjoyable, entertaining, fun and most importantly informative.


Ocel, Jhen and me (kunwari lang yan.)

Sir Joe, Julie, Ocel, Jhen, and me

No comments: