Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Four-eyed me

I was using glasses since I was 9 years old because of astigmatism. The doctor said it could be corrected but I refuse to wear the glasses I had then regularly because it made me look old. Now, I'm suffering for my stubbornness then. My vision was never corrected, now I had to suffer wearing glasses or contact lenses. Aside from maintenance because I had to go to the eye doctor every year to check if my glasses need adjustments, I had to buy disposable contact lenses every month.

My last pair (glasses) was bought at Quaipo where they sell cheap frames, I bought mine for just 1300 pesos and this came with multi-coated lenses. Unfortunately, it was broken about a year ago and since then I never had the time to go back to replace it. I had to use my old nerdy glasses with a lower lens grade.

Last week, there was an announcement at the office that there will be a free eye check-up and the glasses can be paid on 4 installments. After the check-up (my grade went from 125 to 150) :( I chose my glasses. It was so hard to pick as I was looking for nerdy glasses but something smaller than my previous one. Then I found this cute purple glasses that is perfect for me. It is much costly than what you could buy at Quiapo but this was on my convenience because I really don't have any time to go there.

I just received my glasses today and boy I was happy! I just hope it's durable and would last longer than my previous glasses... :)


No comments: