Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

A New Year

It's a new year again. Although I was predicted to be unlucky this year (I was born year of the dog), I refuse to believe that prediction. I still control my fate. I have a lot of goals this year and hopefully some if not all will be accomplished.

1. Find a new job
I have been complaining about my current job for the past two years. Being isolated from my co-workers made it worse but surprisingly still bearable. I wanted to try a different field. As in very far from my education. I wanted to try banking. Aside from the stability and benefits, I wanted to learn about money. I haven't sent my application yet, there is hesitation. I guess being counted as under employed would be the reason. Well, there is no harm trying.

2. Take Exams
I'm talking about Civil Service Exam and Board Exam. I know, I've been planning to venture into the world of banking but I sort of thought that this is an advantage in case I change my mind.

3. Save-up
I am at a age where I should be planning a wedding or having a family of my own but how can I accomplish that when I don't even have anything saved up. Now that all of us (siblings) are already working), expenses are to be divided and will be lessened. And extra money should go directly to savings.

4. A new business
My sister has been following up on our Sewing Machine purchase. I currently have an installment plan on my credit card (c/o my brother) and so I told her to use hers instead. We've always wanted to make our own clothes and maybe sell some on the sides. Hopefully this will push through.

5. Fix our house
Our house is not yet fully finished. Our room has no divisions yet, no paint and no linoleum. We are planning to chip in every payday to pay for the improvements on our house.

6. A special treat on my birthday
This year is going to be my 30th birthday. I wanted a vacation. Boracay, Palawan or Bohol. If I get lucky, Hongkong or Singapore. So I really need to save up!

To be continued.....

No comments: