Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Photography Class Day 1

After 2 months of waiting, I was finally able to attend my first day of basic photography at FPPF. I was so excited. I woke up at 6 in the morning preparing my things and worrying because I forgot to photocopy my sales invoice. It was supposed to be a requirement. When I came to Intramuros, I looked for a photocopying machine before heading to FPPF office.

When I got there I found out that our class will be held inside Fort Santiago, so off I went.

We were briefed by sir boy regarding what to expect on our basic photography class. He also mentioned the five professors who will introduce us to the amazing world of photography.

Our first professor was Sir Ador Pamintuan. He taught us how to use our cameras. From dials, buttons, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc. We were very active the whole day. It seemed all of us were amazed on how much our cameras can do. It's usually in auto mode *LOL*.

Lecture with Sir Ado Pamintuan

Bam asking question about her Fuji SLR

Tried the panning technique but to no success

During class

By the end of the lesson, we were given 10 assignments. 10!

1. Shallow depth of field

2. Deep depth of field

3. Motion blur

4. Motion freeze

5. Close-up

6. Patterns

7. Texture

8. Shapes

9. White on white

10. Black on black


Even before leaving I was already thinking of what subjects to choose, how I can achieve it and when can I shoot it.

No comments: