Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Photography Class Day 2

I don't know if i'm overly excited but I arrived at Fort Santiago before 8 o'clock in the morning. I really don't want to be late. I also planned to transfer my notes to a new notebook (the first notebook I had kasi was a kiddie notebook I bought at 7 11 *LOL*). When I came to Fort Santiago there was no one there but the lights and the electric fan at the gallery were open. It was the schedule of the Pacquiao-Hatton fight so I thought our class was postponed. I waited. Around 8:15 one classmate of mine arrived. I asked him if he had completed our assignments because I wasn't able to. He showed me his work and they were actually pretty good.

Before our class started with a new professor, One person from FPPF (sorry I forgot his name, will mention it on my next post) gave us a brief recap of what we've learned from the previous lesson. He also instructed us to submit our best photo among our assignments. I really don't know which one to pass. I settled on this one.


Texture




When Prof. Angeles entered the room, the first thought I had was "Mukhang terror ang prof namin. " Eventually that first impression didn't last. Despite her terror look, she tried to be funny and be a little more entertaining. She asked us one by one to vote for the best and needs improvement photo among the photos posted on the board. The winning photographer will have the chance to print his best photo on a mug, his/her photo can also be included if he/she wants to. One by one we voted. I was worried that my photo will get the most number of x's. Luckily, the voting ended without my photo neither having an x mark nor a check mark. But, Prof. Angeles did mention that she liked my photo as well as two other photos. I think she has a thing with abstract photos.



Prof. Angeles criticizing our work.



My best photo winner

My needs improvement photo winner

When classes resumed after lunch Prof. Angeles showed us a slide show of her trip to Babuyan Island. Each picture has a story. It would have been nice if the projector was working properly. All we see is black and white, no colors *LOL*. Before her lecture about composition she made us sing this hymn in photography that she wrote years ago. It was actually easy to learn and she was so happy that we were able to sing it well. I hope she won't ask us to sing one by one 'coz I kinda forgotten the melody of a few lines *LOL*.

For our next assignment we were asked to shoot inside fort santiago. Taking into consideration of course our lesson in composition. We were grouped by 8, aside from the photos from each member we were also asked to prepare a cheer. Yikes! I hope they'll come up with a good cheer even though most of my teammates were male.

No comments: