Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Desserts!

Huey Ying Restaurant is opening a new extension in their Macapagal Branch soon. And with this extension they are going to open a desserts bar, a joint venture of BF's sister and her BF. They requested that I take photos for their menu and banner. I was surprised and hesitant at first. Food photography is already in the advance photography class, which I didn't take. Anyway, I couldn't refuse. I browsed through the net and found these very helpful tips. I also visited a bookstore and checked out a few books on baking.

I was expecting that we will do the photoshoot (kuno) at their restaurant in MOA. But it seemed inconvenient for them to bring all the cakes so they decided to do it at home instead. I was picked up by Kaling at MOA then off we went to their house.

I chose to set it up on the back of their house where there is natural light instead of inside where most of their light is incandescent (it would be harder for me to control the lighting). I wish BF was there as he is very artistic when it comes to presentation. Me? I have no talent in that area.

I was having difficulty taking shots of the whole cake but was loving the sliced one.

Well, here are the final outcome of my shots on their desserts. These will still be edited and I hope the outcome will be great.



Moist Chocolate Cake



Mango Cheesecake

Blueberry Cheesecake


Almond Jelly w/ Lychee


They also have mango sago which they haven't perfected yet so I had to skip posting that one.

I hope they could use some of the photos, if not, no biggy. I enjoyed the shoot and it introduced me to the world of food photography.

No comments: