Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Making My Own

I was having a chat with my good ol' friend Rizza. Her mom is a dressmaker and she reminded me of my late aunt. She was a dressmaker too. A good one I would say. She used to make dresses for us every Christmas, repairs our uniforms and made our flower girl gowns. She even made our Prom dress! I miss her so much... One thing I regret was not asking her to teach me, even just simple sewing. I never learned it, it wasn't included in our curriculum back in high school.

It's never too late to learn how. I've been browsing for tutorials on dressmaking. My sisters and I are planning to start an online clothing business. We're just starting. I've requested for a quotation on sewing machines online. Hope I could receive their reply soon so we could buy it right away.

My sister also searched for someone to teach us the basics. There are times when you need an actual tutor and not rely on tutorials.

I'm excited and I really want to pursue this. It would minimize costs on clothes and would give me a feeling of accomplishment because I am wearing something of my own...

Watch out for my future posts on this endeavor. Wish me luck!

No comments: