Pages

Monday, October 1, 2007

A sad reality...

Yesterday when I went to work I was really excited because of 3 reasons. First, we only have to work halfday, so I can spend the rest of the aftenoon with my boyfriend. Second, it was the day my boyfriend will treat me at the newly opened Racks in Magallanes. And thirdly, i'm going to buy my new cellphone (Sony Ericson K800i). This my birthday gift for myself. But an unexpected news came when I was into the QC room. One of my collegues called our QC manager and was asking for help. His son was accidentally electricuted and died. The hospital didn't want to release the body of his son because he doesn't have any money to pay for the bills (What's up with hospitals these days). Good thing our President, Mr. Matsushita was very supportive. He personally attend to the financial needs of Kuya Lito. He even went to Makati to give his support.

What happened, according to one of my officemate who talked to Kuya Lito, was his son was riding a tricycle, he went off the tricycle to give way to another passenger then he accidently leaned on a street lamp post which was grounded. It was raining that day which made the matter worst. He was dead on arrival at the hospital. This boy is only 15 years old.

It is helpful to know the first aid for electricution just in case you happen to see someone who has been electricuted. This procedure can help lives.

My parting note for this post would be that our lives are only borrowed from God. He is the only One who can give and take away life. We shouldn't take this gift of life for granted....

P.S.

Our plan to eat at Racks and to buy a cellphone was cancelled.huhuhu...In another time, hopefully before my birthday.

No comments: