Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Glorietta Tragedy

It was around three in the afternoon when our boss told us that there was an explosion in glorietta. He learned about this because his wife was in glorietta that time, shopping (pashopping-shopping na lang, kainggit *lol*). He said he was scared and wanted to go back to Japan. If you ask me, he was over reacting because he was supposed to treat us after his wife left for Japan (ayaw lang manlibre *lol*). I've learned that most casualties was brought to makati med. My sister works at makati med as a medtech, so I immediately asked for details. That time, there were 4 dead bodies in the morgue. She saw them with her own eyes, she said it's gruesome. One body, that of a woman (foreigner I think) was twisted and badly burned. Others you wouldn't even recognize because of burns and debris on their faces. This happened friday. Saturday, my BF and I were supposed to go there so he could buy me a gift for my birthday. Luckily, the tragedy did not happen that day. Madalas pa man din kami sa area na un. Despite that, I still grieve for those who have lost their love ones in the tradegy. Who would ever know that that time was their last time to shop

Two days after the said bombing ( I heard from a report this morning that investigators think that it's only an accident. Gas leak? I don't think so. There was no fire!), another tragedy happened. Still in glorietta. This time it was a fire. The paluto retaurant at G4 was burned. A lot of people panicked. Good thing, the fire was quickly put out.


Two tragedy. Same place, in the same week. A series of bad luck for Glorietta mall.

No comments: