Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

The Mist

This is one depressing movie...

A couple of days when I arrived home my family were watching a movie. I did not bother to watch the it since it was already the middle part when I arrived. I just went to the computer to check out a few stuff in the internet. Of course I couldn't help it, every once in a while I glance on the tv whenever I hear them scream.

The movie is entitled The Mist. It is based from the novel of Stephen King. Knowing the author you shouldn't expect a happy ending.

This is how the story goes...Please excuse my story telling ability *LOL*
There is this town where a a secret government laboratory is located. Something went wrong and the town was covered in mist (that's why it's the title). With the mist come big spiders and creatures (giant ones) that look like aliens, which of course kill people. Everyone died except for those people who were in the supermarket. The main character in the film and his son were one of those people. A man who works for the government and who knows about what is happening was also there but was later killed by the locals. This is the part of the movie wherein I lost my appetite. Seeing someone stabbed to death and was thrown to the creature really bothered me. Continuing with the story...The main character did not want to stay there any longer, he thought they have a bigger chance for survival if they leave. Joining him were a few people. When they were about to leave, they were stopped by the same people who killed the other guy. Ang gulo ko talaga magkwento. One lady who everyone seemed to follow (she's like a preacher) ordered that they need to sacrifice the son of the main character and one lady. They were carrying knives. Good thing one guy who joined the main character have a gun. He killed the lady preacher so they could get out. When they got out, this same guy was killed by the spiders. Luckily he left the gun for the MC (main character) to use. Only five of them got safely to the car.
Slowly, they went their way out of town. They passed by the MC's house where he saw his wife covered in spider's web. Unfortunately, they ran out of gas. They lost hope for survival, so they thought of commiting suicide. There are only 4 bullets in the gun and there are 5 of them. The MC killed everyone including his son and wait until the creatures come to take his life. Here comes the depressing part.. The MC screams for the creatures to come. He then heard a loud sound, expecting to see the creatures. Slowly the mist disappeared and he saw military tanks and soldiers. It was the rescue. He stood there shocked. The people who were left in the supermarket passed by him. All he could do is scream..Ang pangit nga niya sumigaw at umiyak e.

I don't understand why you would choose to take your life than to wait to see if rescue would come. On their way out of town they never encountered any creature. They already made it that far, WHY NOT WAIT!!! I really felt sad after I watched it. I may never watch a film based by a Stephen King novel..Sad...

No comments: