Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Alma Mater

I heard from my good old friend maan that 4th year chemistry students from our school (PLM) will be having a comprehensive exam to check if they are ready to take the board exam. Coz last year no one from PLM was able to pass the said exam. Just to be sure that it will never happen again the professors thought of giving them a sort of pre-board exam to assess their capability. Since I am working, I wouldn't be able to take the exam, I need to save up my VL and SL for the coming review and exam. I took a leave last friday to inquire and ask our dean if I could get a copy of the exam. Good thing we caught up with her before she left the school. She wasn't suppose to be there because it was her day off. Luckily, she needed to attend a seminar. When I asked her about the exam, she said it is ongoing, meaning they scheduled the exam that day and the day before. She couldn;t provide me with the exam but told me that if most of them failed, they will be having another exam, which I think I wouldn't be able to take, again.
Transcript of records are needed for the board, and since I was already there, I paid for a new copy na rin.
The fun part of going there was reminiscing the times we spent there during college. There were a lot of changes though. The quadrangle where we used to play tennis is already a covered court, maybe because our gymnasium is under renovation. The walkway to different buildings have monitors with BBC news on it. The school now is trimester, in preparation for masteral. Deretso masteral na kasi after you graduate. Kainis bakit hindi namin naabutan! Anyways, I was so happy to see that our school has a lot changes, good ones talaga. Seeing my felow Isko and Iska (Scholars) makes me wanna study again...

Here are some of the pictures of my dear alma mater...


Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila


The stage where we graduated. We were the first to use it.

Camp Big Falcon aka Gusaling Lacson. Where we attended most of our classes.


The path leading to Gusaling Katipunan and the Library.

The covered walkway to Gusaling Lacson

The Gazebo..Where we hang-out.

Nice Spot



No comments: