Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cry Baby

If someone asks you a favor, is it unfair to ask for a little consideration? My BF (Wilson) was asked by our HR OIC if he could pick up some of our employees at Sucat because the service will be used by employees from our Makati office. Traffic in SLEX is so unpredictable because of road construction. We already have 3 lates this month which means another late and we are considered absent. Wilson is required to come to work at 8 AM because he is on duty. If we are going to enter Sucat exit to pick them up, we will surely be late. I don't want to elaborate on the details but what happened is that I was caught in the middle of a misunderstanding between Ate Ning (HR OIC) and Wilson. She told me everything she wanted to tell Wilson because the second time she tried to call him he wouldn't answer anymore. Let's just say that what she said wasn't really nice. And since I am representing Wilson, I wanted to defend his side but she never gave me a chance. I'm not really good when it comes to arguments. In short, natameme ako sa sinabi niya, I couldn't help but cry. Production operators were asking me why I was crying because they usually see me wearing a smile. Whenever I tried to explain tears come falling down my cheeks. I really can't help it. I was weak. Maybe because it was the first time I was treated that way. Kahit papano naman I could say mabait naman ako. Everything was settled when Wilson talked directly to Ate Pat (HR Mngr.). I never hold any grudge against anyone. I understand that she is just pressured with our Christmas Party. I hope next time she will give consideration not just to us but to other employees as well. That's the most important part of the job of HR. To represent employees. To defend their rights. To give considerations.

No comments: